Our results of treatment of patients with slow colon transit constipation
We treated 47 patients with slow colon transit constipation.
The algorithm includes procedures of hydrocolonotherapy (usually 4-6), diet (suggest by us) and repair of normal relation of colon microbes.
The criteria of effectiveness of used treatment:
- High-effective (patient has no complaints)
- Mild-effective (some discomfort or sometimes patient needs low dose of laxatives (Forlax 2 convolutes)
- Non-effective (no evident effect)
The treatment, which we used, was
- High-effective – 40 patients
- Mild-effective – 5 patients
- Non-effective – 2 patients
The clinical case
Patient 18 years old was hospitalized in proctology department of Kiev region hospital 13/02/08 with constipation (bowel movement one time per 7-10 days), acne, sickness. He has these problems during 10 years, but his condition was worsening during last 6 months.
He was examined. Diagnosis: Functional megacolon. Megarectum ІІІst. Chronic colitis.
Colon mucosal of this patient before treatment
We applied our treatment algorithm, which also included procedures of hydrocolonotherapy. Immediate after two week-
In 6 month -
Colon mucosal of this patient after treatment